Activities developed by the Usability and Human Factors Laboratory
- Define processes for device certification in order to avoid risks, human error and environmental influence on medical devices.
- Software usability assessment (inspection for compliance to standards, heuristic evaluation and usability testing).
- Usability Evaluation of medical devices (inspection for compliance to standards, heuristic evaluation and usability testing).
- Proposing enhancements and improvements in software usability.
- Proposing improvements and enhancements in usability of medical devices.
- Analysis of reports of incidents and accidents to identify the cause and effect relationship of human factors in the operation of medical systems.